Saturday, April 5, 2014

Everyone at some point...

Having had some time today (maybe too much :P ) I found yet again something I wrote some time ago and I can't help but think that it's a phase everyone goes through at some point. I've rearranged/rewritten it a bit as I think I wrote it when I was... 16? And that's a looooong time ago.

Not sure what to call it, but it makes a lot of sense to me if I think about times when you seem to find no exit, whatsoever, to a situation you're in. People tend to say "give it time" and you only want to punch them in the face for saying such a stupid thing. Truth is... Give it time. :)


“A letter written for no one to read.
Thoughts from my soul never spoken.
A song in the air that only I can hear.
Memories from the past not nearly forgotten.

Loneliness never felt so real.
Future never seemed so far away.
Some people try to get through to me.
I can’t hear a word they say.

Shadows. That’s all I see.
Shadows. That’s all that’s left of me.
Time has left me in an empty space.
No past.
No future.
Nothing else…

I’m drowning in the depths of sea.
Colours are fading before my eyes.
Swimming is a possibility I can’t achieve.
I can’t get out.
I’ve already tried.

When the night is at its darkest.
And an eternity seems to have past.
A sign of light strikes the sky
And brings the brake of dawn at last.

Colours came back to stay by my side.
Present became past and future arrived.
Now that I’m finally standing up tall.
Now I’m ready.
Ready for it all.”



No comments:

Post a Comment