Thursday, March 27, 2014

One day at a time...



Being the realistic person that I am (isn’t realistic what pessimists in denial call themselves?) I find myself in a surprisingly good place right now. I’ve always been very lucky with how things turn out for me, but this just feels like a puzzle putting its own pieces together for me…

I’ve ended up living where I always hoped I would as a kid and taking into account that I moved abroad very young that wasn’t a done deal. I love Spain for a lot of reasons, but I don’t think it would’ve ever been “home”. This on the other hand, this IS home.

I have a job that I can truly say I enjoy and getting up in the morning isn’t hard at all. There was a time that I got physically ill just thinking about going to work, but that’s not the case now. Looking forward to tomorrow makes today all that better. One day is never like the day before and even on a bad day (we all have them) there’s something good.

I’ve got the best family, friends and colleagues one could have (I’m sure I’m not the only one, but it doesn’t make it any less true) and although I sometimes feel like high school never really ended I guess I find it kind of amusing now. Yeah, people never reach adulthood… not really. No matter how much experience can teach you most of us just become a more “wise” version of our teenager self. And that’s ok.


Bottom line right now is that I’m as close to happy as I think I’ll ever get and it feels good. Tomorrow might prove me wrong, but for the time being I’m enjoying it so I figured I’d put my thoughts out there to thank everyone making this my present. You know who you are so… Thank you! ^_^


2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow may prove your statement wrong, but tomorrow is never a reality, you cannot live it only fear it or hope for it to fulfill your dreams, tomorrow can never touch you because it never exist.

    ReplyDelete